*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1502616 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1502616
Thank you for taking the time to report this crash and helping to make
this software better. This particular crash has already been reported
and is a duplicate of bug #1502616, so is being marked as such. Please
look at the other bug report to see if there is any missing information
that you can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug.
Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in
the other report. Please continue to report any other bugs you may
find.
** Attachment removed: "CoreDump.gz"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650147/+files/CoreDump.gz
** Attachment removed: "Disassembly.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650149/+files/Disassembly.txt
** Attachment removed: "ProcMaps.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650151/+files/ProcMaps.txt
** Attachment removed: "ProcStatus.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650152/+files/ProcStatus.txt
** Attachment removed: "Registers.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650153/+files/Registers.txt
** Attachment removed: "Stacktrace.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650154/+files/Stacktrace.txt
** Attachment removed: "ThreadStacktrace.txt"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220/+attachment/4650155/+files/ThreadStacktrace.txt
** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1502616
file-roller crashed with SIGSEGV in _gtk_marshal_BOOLEAN__BOXED()
** Information type changed from Private to Public
** Tags removed: need-amd64-retrace
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1576220
Title:
file-roller crashed with SIGSEGV in g_closure_invoke() when trying to
open a .tar file from inside Files
Status in file-roller package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I was browsing a directory from inside Files v3.10.1. I double
clicked on a .tar archive and instead of opening the Archive Manger to
view the file I ended up at this crash report screen.
I have tried to access the same file again and this time I am able to
access it and other files in the directory without an issue.
The suggested similar bugs were:
* bug 333007 - That specified a .tar.gz file under Gnome. I am running under
Unity (which is similar).
* bug 350289 - This started under a Firefox plugin. I am using the default
file browser.
* bug 723841 - This is about browsing inside a .7z archive. I was attempting
to open a .tar from within a standard directory.
ProblemType: Crash
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: file-roller 3.10.2.1-0ubuntu4.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.16.0-70.90~14.04.1-generic 3.16.7-ckt25
Uname: Linux 3.16.0-70-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.19
Architecture: amd64
CrashCounter: 1
CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Thu Apr 28 14:01:40 2016
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/file-roller
InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-03-12 (412 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20150218.1)
ProcCmdline: file-roller --extract-here
file:///home/username/Downloads/tmp/Liberator-Midi-full-20160428%20(2).tar.gz
SegvAnalysis:
Segfault happened at: 0x41c4f0: mov (%rbx),%rsi
PC (0x0041c4f0) ok
source "(%rbx)" (0x00000045) not located in a known VMA region (needed
readable region)!
destination "%rsi" ok
SegvReason: reading NULL VMA
Signal: 11
SourcePackage: file-roller
StacktraceTop:
?? ()
?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0
g_closure_invoke () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
?? () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
g_signal_emit_valist () from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
Title: file-roller crashed with SIGSEGV in g_closure_invoke()
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm cdrom dialout dip lpadmin mock plugdev sambashare sudo
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/1576220/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp