Public bug reported:

In Ubuntu 16.04 Noto Sans CJK is the default font for rendering Chinese.
After having struggled with a few issues, I believe that we finally
achieved the desired improvement of the rendering experience.

So now I ask: Is there an interest from Japanese and Korean users to
consider a switch to Noto Sans? (The fonts are already installed for all
users on Ubuntu 16.04.)

** Affects: language-selector (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1581160

Title:
  Switch to Noto Sans as default font for Japanese and/or Korean?

Status in language-selector package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  In Ubuntu 16.04 Noto Sans CJK is the default font for rendering
  Chinese. After having struggled with a few issues, I believe that we
  finally achieved the desired improvement of the rendering experience.

  So now I ask: Is there an interest from Japanese and Korean users to
  consider a switch to Noto Sans? (The fonts are already installed for
  all users on Ubuntu 16.04.)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-selector/+bug/1581160/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to