This bug also affects me. Fresh installed Ubuntu 16.04 followed by a
"sudo apt-get update" and a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade".

Cannot change my own account image AND cannot change my own "full name"
(I mean the name that is displayed during login, not the real user
name). But I can change the image and full name of everyone else. If I
create a second account with administrator privileges, this account can
change my image and full name. The problem does also not occur when
using the console command "chfn -f".

If I remember correctly, I had no problems after a fresh installation
without any updates or upgrades. So maybe it has something to do with
the recent updates?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1580254

Title:
  Cannot change accounts images

Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  HOW TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Go to "System Settings -> User Accounts"
  2. Click on the user image at the left of the user name, and select a new 
image.

  RESULT:
  Image isn't changed.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  Package: unity-control-center 15.04.0+16.04.20160413-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-22.38-generic 4.4.8
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-22-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue May 10 18:28:06 2016
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-05-02 (8 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64 
(20160420.1)
  SourcePackage: unity-control-center
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-control-center/+bug/1580254/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to