This is another one of those many aspects where oneiric is a severe
regression compared to natty. I am close to removing oneiric from all my
machines and reinstalling 11.04, which was significantly better in every
aspect.

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Coherence uPNP plugin missing in totem in Oneiric

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  I have installed totem-plugins-extra and can see the BBC iPlayer
  plugin in Totem but not the Coherence uPNP plugin when running Oneiric
  with all updates.

  Both are listed in Synaptic as being part of that package.

  Package: totem-plugins-extra 3.0.1-0ubuntu3
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Architecture: amd64