Public bug reported:

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&searchon=names&keywords=iputils

Debian changed iputils upstream to more recent and active, also there is
available UNIFIED ping, which allow using one ping for IPV4 and IPV6
(with keeping compatibility with ping and ping6 syntax).

This fork is active, maintained by me and developing.

Thank you
David

** Affects: iputils (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to iputils in Ubuntu.

  ping - integrate debian changes

Status in iputils package in Ubuntu: