There is already a pending xorg-server in xenial-proposed that has the
latest Xmir-  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-
server/2:1.18.3-1ubuntu2.2

I've done the verification for the one bug targeted by that SRU, so it's
a matter of waiting for it to be promoted to -updates.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  missing xmir pkgs from stable-phone-overlay (or update in archive)
  Xenial

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  i noticed today that xmir(xorg) pkgs are missing from stable-phone-overlay
for Xenial.
  We're in the process of migrating to Xenial for touch products, and we will
want our libertine Xapps working there day one. (and there will probably be a
need for this prior)

  Please make sure to target Xenial at the next upload of xmir.
  Or SRU xmir changes into Xenial.