Same problem... took a bit to discover Banshee shows up as "Main Thread"
in the ps list.

Anyway, lsof log attached.  Basically ran the command a few times, once before
and then as many times as I could before it crashed out.  Later runs have lots
of repeated:
Main\x20T 6052 fixerdave  290u  a_inode               0,11        0     8006
[eventfd]

** Attachment added: "log of lsof output during run"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/1489419/+attachment/4670532/+files/banshee_lsof.log

Packages, which is subscribed to banshee in Ubuntu.

  Banshee crashes whilst scanning library on remote server

Status in banshee package in Ubuntu:

  I have Banshee configured to store its library on a remote SMB share
  which already contains my music collection. When I ask Banshee to
  rescan library, it starts, scans a couple of albums then crashes.
  Starting Banshee from the command line shows an error on crash thus:

    (Banshee:9020): GLib-ERROR **: Creating pipes for GWakeup: Too many
  open files

    Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

  I am using Banshee 2.6.2 on Ubuntu Studio 15.04 on Dell Latitude E6510
(64-bit).
  The SMB share is on an Intel Atom host running Ubuntu Server 14.04.

  I have attached the crash dump file.