Ubuntu does not set Wifi Regulations according to country automatically.
This means that my computer wouldn't detect a wifi network on channel 13
(because it had the US regulations by default, where channels 12 and 13 are not
allowed.)
I am from Portugal and using the portuguese language, and still had US
regulation (or some other) as default.

This configuration should be done automatically. I did not have this
issue in Windows or Android.

The issues is further described here (as well as a real example).
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2300985&p=13381849#post13381849

Sincerely,
Diogo Valada

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment country network regulations wifi
--
Wifi Country Regulations not set automatically