@elvisplatini:

Thanks for the post, I was hoping that since this issue is "significant"
. . . that it would have been patched by now . . . but apparently not.
I did try to look in synaptic to see if the history of FF versions would
be listed, but, nope . . . only the 46 . . . .  In 16.04 I have been
using Qupzilla, it's OK, but function is a bit "limited" and/or even
"slow" . . . like trying to log into LP here the cursor wouldn't load
into the email user box . . . for several minutes . . . then, I went
back to it, and it was there . . . .

I might get around to trying out your commands . . . but, if it is
marked as "hold" . . . if and when the patched version shows up (hard to
know when that might happen) . . . how would I "un-hold" it?

  dist-upgrade & FF upgrade breaks FF & Midori 16.04 PPC

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  OK, the reason I'm posting back here, running Lu 16.04 on an PPC
  iBook, and MATE/XFCE 16.04 on a PM ST. . . did a dist-upgrade today,
  so it now running the new "22" kernel and saw in the list of upgrades
  new updates to FF and T-bird . . . on both machines after reboot FF
  window frame loads . . . and then crashes . . . no data is ever filled
  into the browser window.

  The iBook error says it "doesn't have enough memory to report the
  problem" . . . and on the PM . . . apparently it says the error report
  was "corrupted" . . . no launchpad window opened in the browser when I
  clicked on the "report the problem."

  Tried to revert to the old kernel in the iBook several times,
  seemingly failed to boot the old one . . . shut it down.

  I went to the PM running 16.04 U-MATE and tried the same dist-upgrade
  via console there, that upgrade was much larger than the Lu system,
  but subsequently FF also then failed to launch w/o crashing . . .
  installed Midori to make an apple user post, but when I tried to start
  a new thread there Midori crashed as well.

  I ran "apt-get -f install" in both the iBook & the PM . . . nothing
  showed up. No "comment" in the terminal during the upgrade asking any
  questions or reporting "problems" . . . but FF is kaput!!!!

  I'm back in OSX 10.5 side until things cool down for the browsers in
  16.04 PPC Lu & U-MATE/XFCE.

  e...