Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 in Ubuntu.

  Proprietary graphics not available to Snappy packages

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 package in Ubuntu:

  The proprietary nvidia drivers are not accessible from snap packages,
  they need to have a bind mount made to a location where snaps can use
  them. Please see the conversation below for more details:

  10:24 < mvo> mhall119, mattiasw: I looked at the nvidia issue and it
  works here now, there are two issue: a) we do not auto-bind-mount the
  right nvidia directory, this needs to get fixed in our nvidia drive
  pkg, as a workaround we can sudo mount -o bind /usr/lib/nvidia-361
  /var/lib/snapd/lib/gl/ b) the bin/qt5-launch script overrides our
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH, trivial fix is to just ensure that before the actual
  launch of krita "$SNAP_LIBRARY_PATH:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is set, this
  ensures that the right gl library (the nvidia one) wins over mesa. if
  there is a git repo or anything like this I can provide a patch for
  bin/qt5-launch

  10:24 < mvo> mhall119: do you think you could chase our nvidia
  packagers to include a systemd bind mount unit from "sudo mount -o
  bind /usr/lib/nvidia-361 /var/lib/snapd/lib/gl/" ?

  10:31 < mhall119> mvo: I assume the nvidia package fix needs to be
  SRU'd into 16.04's archives, it's not something that gets fixed in
  ubuntu-core images

  10:32 < mvo> mhall119: yeah, we need to get this SRUed

  10:32 < mvo> mhall119: not something we can fix in the image