I've tried other text editor and mousepad looks quite equivalent.

Mousepad has its window shadowed when run through gksudo BUT it loses
global menu (global menu is ok in normal user)

It may seem that root user does not link to the right style/window
properties ? ? ?

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  window has no shadow when run through (gk)sudo

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  ( Ubuntu 16.04 / Unity )

  The gedit window has no shadow around its borders, which is quite
  annoying when opened above other white or light background window(s).

  Happen only and immediatly when run through (gk)sudo.

  Shadow is present with normal user.

  It seems "confirmed" here https://forum.ubuntu-
  fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=21517385#p21517385

  Comments #1 and #2 written before kikito made me notice the sudo
  parameter.