hi,

I think Ubuntu team should focus this, currently everything is on the
same par level from application support from 3rd party to linux desktop,
and Unity is the next to near OS X user experience, I am not saying OS X
is better, but I just want to say OS X user experience on operating
system is indeed working.

But this bug really turn me off when I need to relog just to open an
apps, yes I know you can do alternative method to open that apps, but
why should I, this is simple and basic features that what makes me use
unity. Please focus on fixing this, I think this will turn down someone
who trying to convert to Ubuntu when they encounter this bug. I dont
think this should be allowed for more than 6 month.

One more thing I encounter from the dash it self, when trying to open
google chrome, or any apps, sometimes the letter I type didnt show up
the apps I need to retype to match the exact name of the apps. Dash
should be improved on fuzzy finder function.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-menus in Ubuntu.

  Newly installed applications do not show in the dash

Status in GLib:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-menus package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in libunity package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am running 15.10 development version fully up to date, I installed
  it a few days ago and I have an issue with newly installed
  applications not appearing in the dash when I search for them, they
  can be started via console but the icons/launchers of newly installed
  applications will only appear in the dash after session is restarted.

  Package: unity 7.3.2+15.10.20151002.2-0ubuntu1
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
  CurrentDesktop: Unity