Fred [2011-11-02 20:23 -0000]:
> Martin,
> What do you mean with "This would break desired access..." ?

There might be scenarios where the current behaviour is expected, but
as I said this sounds like a corner case.

> The fix committed, is it a proper solution to the problem, or is it just
> a dirty quick fix?

It's a proper solution, from my POV.

> Shouldn't USB sticks be mounted in /mnt/ as they're probably just
> temporarily mounted?

No, /media/ is meant for this kind of devices. /mnt is meant for
administrators and manual mounting.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard
> /media/               Mount points for removable media such as CD-ROMs
> (appeared in FHS-2.3).
> /mnt/         Temporarily mounted filesystems.

That's right, but as you have your drives in /etc/fstab, Ubuntu
obviously should respect that. Manual entries in fstab trump all
default policies :)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Guest account can read/write in /media/

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  The guest account can everything under /media/.
  Is the guest account really supposed to be able to access and read all the
files on the host computer?

  If yes, then is the guest account really really supposed to be able to write
to /media/ ?
  Shouldn't the guest be limited to his temporary home in /tmp/ ?