@paul did you add this task because you cannot currently connect to WEP?
We have no other such reports, so please add more info about your device
and Wifi configuration.

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

  Ubuntu Touch on MX4 doesn't connect to WLAN with WEP

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  while it is no problme to connect to a WLAN with WPA2 it is impossible
  to connect with a WLAN with WEP. Given that I'm the admin of the WLAN
  I changed to WPA temporarily and then it was no problem to connect.
  Thus it is not a hardware problem.

  Regards

  Ubuntu Touch Ver.  15.04 (r3)