All good, I confirm that libwnck 1:2.30.7-5ubuntu1.1 from -proposed repo
fixes the problem in Xenial.

** Tags removed: verification-needed
** Tags added: verification-done

Packages, which is subscribed to libwnck in Ubuntu.

  16.04: missing language *.mo files in libwnck-common

Status in ubuntu-mate:
  New
Status in libwnck package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libwnck source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  * Impact
  translations are missing which impact panels of desktops still using gtk2
like xfce

  * Test case
  on xubuntu use the pager in a non english locale and see if actions are
translated

  * Regression potential
  translations could be non perfect but it would still be better than none