@Jamie: Attached is a debdiff to update the pulse pacakge with snappy
support.

** Patch added: "pulseaudio-snappy-deny-recording.diff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1583057/+attachment/4695115/+files/pulseaudio-snappy-deny-recording.diff

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Deny audio recording for all snap applications

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in pulseaudio source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in pulseaudio source package in Yakkety:

  Until we have a proper trust-store implementation with snappy and on
  the desktop/ubuntu core we want pulseaudio to simply deny any audio
  recording request coming from an app shipped as part of a snap.

  The implementation adds a module-snappy-policy module to pulseaudio
  which adds a hook for audio recording requests and checks on
  connection if the apparmor security label of the connecting peer
  starts with "snap." which will identify it as a snap application.

  Pulseaudio with the patch is available as part of the landing request
  at https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/1428