** Project changed: launchpad => nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 in Ubuntu.

  Login loop and low resolution after latest kernel update

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-361 package in Ubuntu:

  So I have been using Ubuntu 14.04 with a GTX 970 graphics card and the
  Nvidia driver without any serious issues. The driver was from
  downloaded using 'Additional Drivers' option in Ubuntu. No drivers
  were installed manually. I had been using the 352 drivers. After
  upgrading to kernel 4.2.0-42-generic from 4.2.0-41-generic I cannot
  get past the login screen and the login screen has low resolution.

  I have tried the following to resolve the issue:

  Manually installing the latest Nvidia graphics drivers
  Trying both the open source and proprietary 352 drivers
  Changing Ubuntu from 14.04 to 16.04

  I can login if I use the Noveau drivers but this does work for me
  because I have a 4k monitor. For the mean time I can use Ubuntu just
  fine if I boot in the old kernel via grub, but I would like to be able
  to use and updated kernel eventually with the Nvidia drivers.