Just updated to 16.04 LTS. It seems that greeter crashes and restarts
when Capslock is pressed to switch languages and the languages doesn't
change. This makes it impossible to login if keyboard layout indicator
in menu bar is disabled.

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  CAPS LOCK as keyboard switch indicator does not change status during
  login time

Status in unity-greeter package in Ubuntu:

  When CAPS LOCK key is used to switch keyboard layout, CAPS LOCK
  indicator is usually displays the switch status (in case of bi-
  language keyboard this is simply English/Other_language idicator).

  During login time (via unity-greeter/lightdm) caps is working fine
  (switching language) but shows no indication of used language, wich
  cause many useless attempts to enter login in wrong language.

  Steps to reproduce:

  1) Add additional language to system (in my case it was Russian)
  2)  Set up CAPS LOCK as keyboard layout switcher
  3) Log off
  4) Switch language by pressing CAPS LOCK

  Expected:
  a) input layout switched to other language (in my case Russian)
  b) CAPS LOCK keyboard indicator is lighten up

  Actual:
  a) input layout switched to other language
  b) NO caps lock indication

  This problem is substantial, because default login window have no idication
of current layout and no input field with visible input (password is shadowed
by '*' signs). so user have no idea which language is active.

  I'd like to point to microsoft windows logon screen, where language is
  clearly displayed nearly input field to solve this uncertainty.

  Package: unity-greeter 0.1.1-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-rc4 i686
  ApportVersion: 1.90-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Jan  2 02:06:06 2012
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
   LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: unity-greeter
  mtime.conffile..etc.lightdm.unity.greeter.conf: 2012-01-02T01:58:45.076608