Hit:2 http://packages.linuxmint.com sarah Release
Hit:3 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
Hit:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease
Get:5 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [94.5 kB]
Get:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [95.7 kB]
Hit:8 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease
Fetched 190 kB in 1s (142 kB/s)
Reading package lists... Done

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Autologin for guest account fails

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I researched and read extensively yet cannot find much information or
  similar reports about lightdm failing to autologin the guest account.

  lightdm version is 1.18.2

  I am using the lightdm-gtk-greeter and have removed the unity greeter
  as it did not allow the gtk-greeter to function.

  The guest session uses a template defined in /etc/guest-session/skel,
  which is a symbolic link to user "patron-template" using home
  directory patronTemplate.

  Any other pertinent information can be found in the logs attached.

  Package: lightdm 1.18.2-0ubuntu1 [modified:
usr/lib/lightdm/guest-session-auto.sh usr/share/lightdm/guest-session/setup.sh]
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: X-Cinnamon