Still happens in the default install of Ubuntu 16.04.1.

Removing the first entry in the language preferral settings ("  [fi]")
fixes the issue since the next line is the correct "suomi [fi]".

** Description changed:

  It would seem something caused an incorrect language setting in Firefox,
  potentially due to 14.04 LTS -> 16.04 LTS upgrade.

- --update: also on a fresh 16.04 LTS install?--
+ Update August 2016: happens also on a clean Ubuntu 16.04.1 installation.

- I noticed I'm getting redirected to English pages on help.ubuntu.com,
- even though that hasn't happened before like eg within the last month. I
- upgraded this machine to xenial today.
+ ---
+
+
+ I noticed I'm getting redirected to English pages on help.ubuntu.com, even
though that hasn't happened before like eg within the last month. I upgraded
this machine to xenial today.

  When looking at it more (after filing this bug originally against
  documentation) in Firefox settings -> Content -> Languages, I noticed
  the top-most item was "empty" (no language name) with [fi-fi] in
  brackets. Beneath it was suomi [fi] and english options. When I removed
  the "empty" language from the list, help.ubuntu.com started behaving
  correctly again.

  At this point I don't have better information but leaving the bug open
  to be documented.

  Original report:
  All links at eg https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-help/index.html.fi point
unfortunately to English versions of the pages, like
https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-help/unity-introduction.html

  The correct links would have the ".fi" added to the URL, like
  https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-help/unity-introduction.html.fi

  Firefox has non-functional preferred language after upgrade

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  It would seem something caused an incorrect language setting in
  Firefox, potentially due to 14.04 LTS -> 16.04 LTS upgrade.

  Update August 2016: happens also on a clean Ubuntu 16.04.1
  installation.

  ---