Public bug reported:

I have set it to "Show blank page" on my New Tab however the search box
from "Show your top sites" keeps briefly (for a split second) showing
up. This happens rather regularly and in most cases. Though sometimes
the search bar will last for up to 10 seconds as it did this time:

    Firefox_Blank_Page_Search_Box.png

I am running Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.1 with GNOME 3.20 and Firefox 48.

** Affects: firefox

** Affects: ubuntu-gnome

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

** Tags: xenial

  Search box often appears briefly (though sometimes for longer periods)
  on New Tab 'blank' page

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu GNOME: