I have a Brother multifunction 210c.  With Ubuntu 8.1 the printer works
o.k., only I can't access the DRAFT and other functions I used with
Windows, just standard printing. And the scanner will not work - isn't
recognised. I get an error message thus: NO DEVICE FOUND. Most
frustrating. Can anyone help me with this,, and save me from migrating
back to Windows????

LATER: Thanks for the advice, people. But alas, this further explains
why newbies throw up their hands and return to Windows, where
plugandplay works. And rather than burden my brain hacking out code as
suggested, I'm doing likewise. Thanks all the same ...

** Affects: sane-backends (Ubuntu)

--
Brother multifunction 210c scanner does not function
Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.