...and I'm using
$ gnome-terminal --version
GNOME Terminal 3.18.3
(in Ubuntu 16.04)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  --working-directory does not work anymore

Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading from ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 one of my script the uses
--working-directory option stopped working.

  Simply running:

  gnome-terminal --working-directory=/tmp

  Starts the terminal in my home directory. Changing the command to
  gnome-terminal.real does not solve my problem either.