** Tags added: keys shortcut

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  custom shortcut key ignores commands

Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have tried to run this python script from github:

  https://gist.github.com/SergKolo/ff9defd9cef4e704a64be505f28fa3cd

  by defining a custom shortcut key and placing the command:
   python ~/my_pythons_scripts/append_clipboard.py

  in the command box. Nothing happens when I use the designated shortcut
  key.

  The same happens when I try to run a bash script by custom shortcut
  keys

  Both the python script and my own bash script run from terminal
  successfully.

  In fact none of the shell commands placed inside the command box of
  custom shortcut keys is executed

  Oddly enough there is no problem launching installed programs, such as
  skype or firefox.

  In other word if your command is, say, firefox then you are ok. But
  not when you want to run your own scripts.

  Initially I assumed I was not binding the keys properly and posted this
question in Askubuntu:
  https://askubuntu.com/questions/824439/commands-and-the-custom-shortcut-keys

  unsurprisingly I have had no solutions offered.