https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-calculator/commit/?id=3d660cb

** Changed in: gnome-calculator (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-calculator in Ubuntu.

  Numpad period key requires numlock

Status in gnome-calculator package in Ubuntu:

  My computer's numpad period key doubles in purpose as a "delete" key.
  I'm not sure if this is common.

  I can use any numpad keys in the calculator app without having to
  explicitly enable numlock-- except for the period key. This performs
  its default "delete" key action unless numlock is on.