Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: texlive-base (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to texlive-base in Ubuntu.

  texlive core dump when building a latex-beamer pdf file

Status in texlive-base package in Ubuntu:

  Where I try to run pdflatex to generate a beamer pdf file all I get
  is:

  lstat(./pdflatex) failed ...
  ./pdflatex: No such file or directory
  pdflatex: ../../../texk/kpathsea/progname.c:316: remove_dots: Assertion `ret'
failed.
  Abortado (`core' generado)

  Even though a core dump was generated, I've been unable to find it.

  texlive:
    Instalados: 2012.20120611-3
    Candidato:  2012.20120611-3
    Tabla de versiĆ³n: