The package finder has been discontinued.

** Changed in: ubufox

** Changed in: ubufox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to ubufox in Ubuntu.

  Firefox plugin finder hangs while modal dialog appears on different
  workspace

Status in Ubufox Extension:
  Invalid
Status in ubufox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: firefox

  I'm using the latest gutsy, 32 bit intel.

  I had installed gnash already.

  I'm using the "medium" level of desktop effects, with firefox on
  workspace 3.

  I used firefox to go to a web site with a flash movie, and clicked
  where the movie would be shown.

  The computer asked me if I'd like to install a plugin, and if I'd like
  gnash or adobe flash.

  I chose gnash and pressed next.  Then, both firefox and that dialog
  with the next button appeared to freeze up.  Nothing happened for a
  long while.

  Eventually, I noticed on workspace 1, a modal dialog telling me the
  changes have been applied, and asking me to close that window.

  I close the window using the 'close' button, and back on workspace 3,
  the "plugin finder service" window is working again.

  I press "finish" on that window, and the firefox page re-renders, this
  time with the flash content available.

  The bug is that the modal dialog appeared on desktop 1, whereas
  firefox was on workspace 3.  So, I was waiting for the installation of
  the plugin to finish, watching workspace 3.  It didn't occur to me to
  go and look on different workspaces to find the dialog to say "yes, I
  confirm that the process can be finished".

  Actually, I don't really understand the value of that dialog -- all it
  wanted me to do was click "finished".  The process would have been
  smoother without that dialog at all.  However, that would be another
  "usability enhancement" bug rather than a more serious "It looks like
  firefox has crashed, even though it hasn't" bug.

  I think maybe this is what happened with bug 96929 (marked invalid).