** Changed in: ubufox
Status: New => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to ubufox in Ubuntu.
plugin finder wizard and apturl don't use the same http proxy
Status in Ubufox Extension:
Status in apturl package in Ubuntu:
Status in ubufox package in Ubuntu:
Status in apturl source package in Gutsy:
Status in ubufox source package in Gutsy:
Status in apturl source package in Hardy:
Status in ubufox source package in Hardy:
Binary package hint: ubufox
the plugin finder wizard and apturl don't share the same proxy
1. The short term solution to fix gutsy is to pass a --http-proxy
host:port parameter to apturl if firefox has any proxy configured.
2. The long term solution would be to all applications honour system
proxy settings (aka gconf).
1. ensure that your network setup does only allow access to the internet
through http proxy
2. configure the http proxy in firefox
3. remove any flash player installed on your system
4. visit the multi content example page:
5. try to install the plugin through "install missing plugins ..."
6. see how apturl doesn' honour the http proxy settings and cannot get the
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp