network-manger version: 1.2.0-0ubuntu0.16.04.3
Disabling/Enabling Network via GUI (Blank icon)
Sleep/Hibernate (Ethernet icon)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.
[SRU] Re-read the link type if the name changed
Status in NetworkManager:
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
Status in network-manager source package in Xenial:
NM needs to re-read the DEVTYPE after the device name changed, an example is
that WiFi network list disappears from network manager applet
1. Boot the system. It should include a wireless device.
2. In a terminal, run 'nmcli dev'.
3. In the correct case, the line for the wireless device should read "wifi"
under the TYPE column. In a failure case, it will read "ethernet".
After upgrading to the new version, the repeating the above steps
should give expected behavior.
Potential of causing regression is relatively small for a one line change to
re-read a value to be known.
1. The network manager applet does not show the list of WiFI APs it can find.
2. The network manager applet does not the name of the AP to which it is
3. The icon of the applet shows two vertical arrows in opposite direction -
the wired connection symbol and NOT the wifi connected icon.
Log out and again log back in.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp