I filed bug #1626245. HTH.

Packages, which is subscribed to ghostscript in Ubuntu.

  'recommends: fonts-noto-cjk' causes oversized Ubuntu Server ISO

Status in ghostscript package in Ubuntu:

  Due to the change in bug# 1621210, ghostscript now recommends fonts-
  noto-cjk. This package is a ~76MB in size and put the Ubuntu Server
  ISO well over the 700MB limit.

  The Ubuntu Server team has considered the following:

  1) Remove the print server task. Currently, in Xenial and Yakkety, the
  print server task does not even show up as an option due to bug#
  1624519. However, removing this is a rather large tasks to take up
  right before a release. We would like to avoid this option if
  possible.

  2) Blacklist fonts-noto-cjk in the server-ship seed [1]. We were told
  that blacklisting is for very specific causes and this was not an
  appropriate use case.

  3) Change the recommends of ghostscript on fonts-noto-cjk.

  4) Other?

  [1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/ubuntu.yakkety/view/head:/server-ship