** Also affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Also affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu Yakkety)

** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Description changed:

- [Steps to Reproduce]
- ====================
- 1. $ sudo apt-mark hold ____
- (substitute name of the package you want held
- 2. GNOME Software should not notify about held package(s) as an available
update. Maybe it shouldn't list held packages in the Updates page either.
+ [Impact]
+ GNOME Software shows .deb packages marked as held as updatable.

- GNOME Software does not actually upgrade held packages but it's
- confusing that it looks like it's going to.
+ [Test Case]
+ 1. Hold a package that is available for update, e.g.
+ $ sudo apt-mark hold gnome-calculator
+ 2. Open GNOME Software
+ 3. Click on Updates tab

- Update Manager shows held packages in the update list but they are
- unchecked (and unable to be checked).
+ Expected result:
+ Held package(s) are not shown

- [Original Bug Description]
- ==========================
- I have a held package, and gnome-software keeps popping up the "upgrades are
available" notification.  Looking at it what it wants to upgrade, there is only
the held package.  I haven't clicked 'install' to see if it will actually do
so, but held packages should not be upgraded by gnome-software.
+ Observed result:
+ Held package(s) are shown

- ProblemType: Bug
- DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
- Package: gnome-software 3.20.1+git20160419.2.b8d2e40.ubuntu-xenial-0ubuntu1
- ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-21.37-generic 4.4.6
- Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
- ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
- Architecture: amd64
- CurrentDesktop: GNOME