** Changed in: rhythmbox

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Search box should obtain focus at start up

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  New
Status in Rhythmbox:
  Confirmed
Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: rhythmbox

  When I start Rhythmbox, my "library" pane has focus of the cursor. If
  I start typing right away, I can locate the first instance of a song
  title that contains that letter/word/phrase (e.g. if I type "you", my
  cursor goes to "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC-DC).  This is
  ineffective because this seems to offer no advantages over focusing
  "search" immediately but does suffer from a few disadvantages. For
  example, it does not allow you to immediately search by Artist, Album
  title, or Genre.  It also does not allow you to pull up multiple
  matches for a given term or title.  I submit this is a flawed design
  (unless you can name some unforeseen reason why the behavior is as
  is).

  Ubuntu 10.04 with up to date packages. rhythmbox 0.12.8-0ubuntu7.