Public bug reported:

When i try to reconnect a previously connected Hidden Wi-Fi Network with
WPA authentication, i cannot: the "Connect" button remains disabled
("grayed out").  I attach a dialog screenshot.

This happens under Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.1 and NixOS 16.03 with GNOME 3
desktop.

I am not completely certain, but i think i remember a similar behaviour
under Debian (or possible under another version of Ubuntu?), except that
at the point where the connection dialog just sits there with a disabled
Connect button, i remember a prompt for password popping up.

As it is impossible to simply select and connect a previously used
connection, i have to create a new one and re-enter the WPA password.

In fact, there is another issue that forces me in the first place to
recreate the same hidden connection over and over: normally it should
connect automatically, but almost every day, after i change a few
networks or restart my home DSL modem, my computer stops connecting
automatically to my hidden home Wi-Fi.  However, i have not yet learned
to reproduce this issue, so i am not yet submitting a bug report about
it.

This is what i have found in the Internet that might be relevant:

* [Connect to Hidden...select Saved Secure Connection; Connect not
possible](https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager-applet/+bug/446394)
* [Wifi won't reconnect to hidden
network](https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2326825)

** Affects: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "dialog screenshot"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1629545/+attachment/4752307/+files/Connect%20to%20Hidden%20Wi-Fi%20Network%20-%20dialog.png

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  Selecting a known Hidden Wi-Fi Network does not work: "Connect" button
  stays disabled

Status in network-manager-applet package in Ubuntu: