Public bug reported:

I was told to create a new bug after commenting on another issue,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-control-
center/+bug/1539597

I am running:

Ubuntu 16.04
Dell 7510

I have tried the last three drivers and they all exhibit the same issue.
When I plug in my external monitor via the display port on the 7510,
unity crashes. If I try to open the display panel application, it
crashes too. The second monitor is not recognized.

If I run on the on-board Intel driver (Intel Prime Profile), everything
works great.

This started happening after my upgrade to 16.04 from 15.10.

** Affects: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added:
"_usr_lib_unity-settings-daemon_unity-settings-daemon.1000.crash"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1630258/+attachment/4754332/+files/_usr_lib_unity-settings-daemon_unity-settings-daemon.1000.crash

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  unity crashes when adding external monitor

Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu: