** Changed in: gnome-panel

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  Constantly rising memory usage by gnome-panel

Status in GNOME Panel:
  Expired
Status in gnome-panel package in Ubuntu:

  At login, gnome-panel uses about 1% of my system memory (5973600kb) as
  determined by "ps u".  This rises at the rate of 1-2% per hour that I
  am logged on.  Simultaneously, free swap memory starts to decrease
  from its initial value of 5858300kb.  If I stay logged in long enough
  (3-4 days), there is little free memory, and trying to launch
  applications results in a window stating:

  Could not launch 'package name'
  Failed to fork (Cannot allocate memory)

  Though they can be started on the command line from an open xterm.

  Logging out and logging in releases memory.

  killall -9 gnome-panel

  releases almost all memory -- some swap memory is still used.

  Package: gnome-panel 1:3.6.0-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-22.34-generic 3.5.7.2
  Date: Sat Jan 19 15:57:26 2013
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-panel
  GsettingsChanges: b'org.gnome.gnome-panel.run-dialog' b'show-program-list'
b'true'
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release amd64 (20110427.1)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: gnome-panel
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-11-12 (68 days ago)