Public bug reported:

I believe aptdaemon will be removed from Ubuntu soon (it was already
dropped from Debian a few months ago). software-center needs to be
ported to use PackageKit directly.

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Port software-center to aptdaemon
+ Port software-center to PackageKit instead of aptdaemon

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Port software-center to PackageKit instead of aptdaemon

Status in software-center package in Ubuntu: