This update still doesn't fix the issue for me.

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  User accounts login history showing incorrect history

Status in accountsservice:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-control-center:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  Triaged
Status in accountsservice package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in accountsservice source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in gnome-control-center source package in Xenial:
  Triaged
Status in unity-control-center source package in Xenial:

  I have found that in "System Settings > User Accounts" that if you
  select an account and then select the button called "History" (which
  is meant to show the login history for that account), it will show you
  when you last logged in as "Session Started", but it will show that
  you "Session Ended" just before you login the next time.

  To clarify what I mean, let's say that yesterday I logged into my
  account on this machine at 14:29, and then sometime near 23:00 I
  logged out, and then this morning I logged into my account somewhere
  around 11:20, it will show this:

          Today 11:20 Session Started
          Today 11:19 Session Ended
          Yesterday, 14:29 Session Started

  So it assumes that the last session ended when you log into a new one,
  so the bug seems to be that it does not log when a session ends
  properly, and only logs it when a new session starts.

  I have attached a screenshot to show my example as I see it in the
  History GUI.

  I have found this bug to be present in Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.04,
  Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 with GNOME 3.18, and Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME
  3.20.