@K1773R:
What I was trying to point out is, that Firefox is not part of the daily iso of
Ubuntu MATE 16.10 of today (12.10.2016). An error or is it gone for sure?

Unlike yesterdays Xenial daily iso where Firefox 47 lives quite happily
and works fine.

  Firefox > 44 is broken on all big-endian architectures

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  OK, the reason I'm posting back here, running Lu 16.04 on an PPC
  iBook, and MATE/XFCE 16.04 on a PM ST. . . did a dist-upgrade today,
  so it now running the new "22" kernel and saw in the list of upgrades
  new updates to FF and T-bird . . . on both machines after reboot FF
  window frame loads . . . and then crashes . . . no data is ever filled
  into the browser window.

  The iBook error says it "doesn't have enough memory to report the
  problem" . . . and on the PM . . . apparently it says the error report
  was "corrupted" . . . no launchpad window opened in the browser when I
  clicked on the "report the problem."

  Tried to revert to the old kernel in the iBook several times,
  seemingly failed to boot the old one . . . shut it down.

  I went to the PM running 16.04 U-MATE and tried the same dist-upgrade
  via console there, that upgrade was much larger than the Lu system,
  but subsequently FF also then failed to launch w/o crashing . . .
  installed Midori to make an apple user post, but when I tried to start
  a new thread there Midori crashed as well.

  I ran "apt-get -f install" in both the iBook & the PM . . . nothing
  showed up. No "comment" in the terminal during the upgrade asking any
  questions or reporting "problems" . . . but FF is kaput!!!!

  I'm back in OSX 10.5 side until things cool down for the browsers in
  16.04 PPC Lu & U-MATE/XFCE.

  e...