Same issue on 16.04.1 only after a second click the menu is working.

** Tags added: xenial

  Globalmenu didn't work

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  In Ubuntu 12.10 with LibreOffice (Impress) 3.6 is the folloging

  If I press save on a big presentation (needs some time to save) and
immediately go with the cursor in the global menu there is nothing greyed when
I now click to something (for example start the presentation) nothing happens,
thats logically.
  But if the Save is completed there is also no reaction anymore.