If I try to install I got the same error message: "password or username
It is clearly related to permissions.

I am able to install software from command line, for example:

    sudo snap install krita

using sudo!!!

Software Center (ubuntu-software) however does not run as root! So it is
not able to log in to my Ubuntu One account, so it is not able to
install snap packages.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Software asks for an Ubuntu Single Sign-On account to
  install/remove a snap

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  If I try to uninstall a snap using Ubuntu Software, it asks for an Ubuntu
Single Sign-On account. It seems strange since if I use a terminal and do:
  $ sudo snap remove john-the-ripper

  Everything works as expected.

  BTW: Ubuntu Software takes ages to find out the size of the snap