Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.
** Changed in: metacity (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Confirmed
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.
missing title bar for some applications
Status in metacity package in Ubuntu:
Some applications are missing the titlebar in gnome-session-flashback
with Metacity. Standard GNOME applications are not affected, but some
that use Xlib directly, like mupdf or feh, are.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use mupdf to display any .pdf file, or use feh to display any image file.
- A window with a title bar appears.
- A window without title bar, but thicker borders, appears.
- This does not always happen; sometimes, the title bars appear just fine.
- see attached screenshot
Things I tried:
- Enabling/disabling org.gnome.metacity.compositing-manager via dconf-editor
doesn't make a difference.
- In an Xlib-based program I wrote myself, I could get rid of this by doing a
dummy call to XSetWMNormalHints() with BaseSize set to the window size I was
using anyway and MinSize set to 1x1.
*** 1:3.18.3-1ubuntu2 500
500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages
Description: Ubuntu Xenial Xerus (development branch)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp