Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: metacity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to metacity in Ubuntu.

  missing title bar for some applications

Status in metacity package in Ubuntu:

  Some applications are missing the titlebar in gnome-session-flashback
  with Metacity. Standard GNOME applications are not affected, but some
  that use Xlib directly, like mupdf or feh, are.

  Steps to reproduce:
  - Use mupdf to display any .pdf file, or use feh to display any image file.

  Expected result:
  - A window with a title bar appears.

  Actual result:
  - A window without title bar, but thicker borders, appears.
  - This does not always happen; sometimes, the title bars appear just fine.
  - see attached screenshot

  Things I tried:
  - Enabling/disabling org.gnome.metacity.compositing-manager via dconf-editor
doesn't make a difference.
  - In an Xlib-based program I wrote myself, I could get rid of this by doing a
dummy call to XSetWMNormalHints() with BaseSize set to the window size I was
using anyway and MinSize set to 1x1.

  metacity:
    Installed: 1:3.18.3-1ubuntu2
    Candidate: 1:3.18.3-1ubuntu2