Also attaching the contents of /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log after
logging in will give more information.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.
No password needed to Log in after cancel the password and then reset
Status in Light Display Manager:
Status in OEM Priority Project:
Status in OEM Priority Project trusty series:
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
OS: 14.04 trusty
Tested with 16.10
lightdm version is 1.19.5
issue still exist
1. Go to path "System Setting --> User Accounts--> Unlock" to unlock system
2. Click "Password --> Action --> Log in without password -->Change to clear
Log in password.
3. Reboot and log to desktop without password.
4. Then do the similar action "Set a password now" as the same way to set Log
5. Reboot but still no password needed at Log in interface.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp