I think it would be much better to just switch to systemd-mount for all
removable media - see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-
meta/+bug/1627546 for details.

  Automatic remount of safely removed usb 3.0 drive

Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in thunar:
  Unknown
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in thunar package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in udev package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in Fedora:
  Unknown
Status in openSUSE:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  When I choose "Safely remove drive" context menu entry for an external
  USB drive within a nautilus window or directly clicking on the desktop
  icon, after about 10 seconds the drive is automatically remounted and
  a Nautilus window showing the root folder opens.

  I have noticed that similar already happened with a very old Ubuntu
  version - Bug #110589 and as that is so long time ago I thought it is
  better to open a new bug. Reason of the problem might even be
  completely different.

  Package: nautilus 1:2.32.2.1-0ubuntu13
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic-pae 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic-pae i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Thu Jun  2 23:40:08 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release i386 (20110427.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash