Talked with the snappy people and they said they're working on a
solution to this. Once that exists we can make GNOME Software only
prompt for Ubuntu One credentials when required.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu Software asks for an Ubuntu Single Sign-On account to
  install/remove a snap

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  If I try to uninstall a snap using Ubuntu Software, it asks for an Ubuntu
Single Sign-On account. It seems strange since if I use a terminal and do:
  $ sudo snap remove john-the-ripper

  Everything works as expected.

  BTW: Ubuntu Software takes ages to find out the size of the snap