The verification of the Stable Release Update for gnome-software has
completed successfully and the package has now been released to
-updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Slow to start when many updates available

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-software source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-software source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  GNOME Software is slow to show anything when updates are available due to
downloading Changelog information.

  [Test Case]
  1. Open GNOME Software when you have many updates to make and/or a very slow
connection to changelogs.ubuntu.com

  Expected result:
  The home screen is quickly shown

  Observed result:
  The home screen takes many seconds to show

  [Regression potential]
  Low. We now just download these on demand.