I found a partial workaround. If you remove the account from online
accounts and then reboot. Then you can successfully re-add the account.
The account will work until you log out again. Then you will need to
remove/reboot.

I think there might be a problem with how accounts are stored. This
wasn't an issue in 16.04 so I'm pretty sure it's a new bug added with
16.10.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-online-accounts in Ubuntu.

  Can't add any online accounts

Status in gnome-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:

  Can't add any online accounts in after opened Online accounts + mark is
faded, can't click.
  After reinstalled gnome-online-accounts still has same problem.

  Package: gnome-online-accounts 3.20.3-1
  CurrentDesktop: Budgie:GNOME