Below is a workaround I use.

*********
#!/bin/sh
viewnior --fullscreen '/home/user_name/Images/My solid color image which 
obscures my desktop.png' && sleep 2 && dbus-send --system --print-reply 
--dest=org.freedesktop.login1 /org/freedesktop/login1 
"org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.Suspend" boolean:true && i3lock -i  
'/home/user_name/Images/My image I like to look at when my computer wakes 
up.png' -p default -n
*********

I lock my screen with a keyboard shortcut I created in Xubuntu which I
associated with the above script.

After my computer wakes up I need to exit Viewnior (the image viewer I
am using) so that the the file called, "My solid color image which
obscures my desktop.png" disappears.

I suppose the extra step would not be necessary if someone with some
technical knowledge would explain how to cause i3lock to exit the image
viewer after the computer wakes up.

I use "viewnior --fullscreen" instead of "viewnior -f" because the later
didn't seem to work in a terminal. I suppose this was a result of my
using a French language terminal.

Also, if you need to resize your image because you want it to appear
centered on the screen, there's no need to install GIMP or any other
draw or paint application.

I used Google Drawings to resize "My solid color image which obscures my
desktop.png" to match my screen size which is 1366 x 768 pixels. I went
to File–>Page configuration–>Customize and typed  1366 then 768 and
chose pixels.

Then I downloaded "My solid color image which obscures my desktop.png"
to my local drive.

I suppose if the developer(s) of this app were to a detailed explanation
of the abovein a message, say the first five times a new image were used
in i3lock, it would help new users quickly and easily lock their screen
securely and ensure their images were centered on the screen.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1280300

Title:
  Desktop contents displayed on resume, before lock screen is shown

Status in gnome-screensaver package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am running 14.04. When I resume from sleep, the contents of my
  desktop (including any open windows, emails, etc) are displayed
  onscreen briefly before the unlock screen is shown. This potentially
  allows an attacker to view the contents of a locked screen.

  To reproduce:
  1) Suspend a machine, e.g. by closing the lid
  2) Resume the machine

  Expected results:
  Upon resume, the first thing shown onscreen is the screensaver unlock screen.

  Actual results:
  Upon resume, the first thing shown onscreen is the set of open windows that 
were displayed before the machine was put to sleep. After a second or two, the 
unlock screen is drawn and you have to enter a password to unlock the machine.

  This is reproducible on my system.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: gnome-screensaver 3.6.1-0ubuntu9
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-8.28-generic 3.13.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-8-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.13.2-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Fri Feb 14 09:05:50 2014
  DistributionChannelDescriptor:
   # This is a distribution channel descriptor
   # For more information see 
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor
   canonical-oem-somerville-precise-amd64-20130203-1
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  GnomeSessionIdleInhibited: No
  GnomeSessionInhibitors: None
  GsettingsGnomeSession:
   org.gnome.desktop.session session-name 'ubuntu'
   org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay uint32 300
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2013-12-02 (73 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" - Build amd64 LIVE Binary 
20130203-13:50
  SourcePackage: gnome-screensaver
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-02-12 (1 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/1280300/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to