   Brasero keeps on asking for libdvdcss.so.2

Packages, which is subscribed to brasero in Ubuntu.

  Brasero can't find libdvdcss when going from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04

Status in brasero package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in brasero source package in Xenial:

  * Impact
  the libcss plugin can't be enable with the current libdvdcss version

  * Test case
  - install libdvdcss
  - start brasero
  - go to the plugins dialog, enable the libdvdcss plugin

  * Regression potential
  none, the plugin was not loading at all and it's only its loader being changed

  --------

  "I recently updated one of my rigs from 14.04 to 16.04. After
  upgrading Brasero tells me that it can't find libdvdcss. VLC play an
  inserted DVD, I see libdvdcss in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux gnu. However, i
  didn't see it simply in /usr/lib/ so I created a link there. Still
  didn't work, so I copied an older libdvdcss to /usr/lib. Still no joy.

  I checked to see what versions of libdvdcss I had installed - 2.2.0 in
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux, 2.1.0 in /usr/lib * mv'ed the.2.1.0 to
  x86_64-linux * rm'ed the sym links to 2.2.0 * new sym link to 2.1.0 *
  works. "

  Originally reported here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/4h4pcn/anybody_using_brasero_to_rip_dvds_in_1604/