Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 in Ubuntu.

  vdpau permissions incorrect in 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2

Status in nvidia-graphics-drivers-304 package in Ubuntu:

  Running version 16.04.2
  vdpau only works as root in version 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2.

  I can run vdpauinfo as normal user and get an error, unable to create
  device. Run as root (sudo vdpauinfo) and it works.  Similarly, running
  mythfrontend with vdpau requires sudo mythfrontend to be able to work.

  The previous version 304.131 worked fine.  I have temporarily fixed
  the problem by rolling back to that version.