@deragon Yes, you are right, there is related bug, see bug #1589401. But
I'm pretty sure this have one origin and it is wifi driver, especially
for intel cards. If you look at the bottom of the discussion on the
mentioned bug, you'll find that problem remains even after change to
another network manager, so it is deeper than it may look.

  WiFi malfunction after suspend & resume stress - sudo wpa_cli scan
  required to fix it.

Status in NetworkManager:
  New
Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in OEM Priority Project xenial series:
  New
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Release:        16.10
  Packages:
  libnm-glib-vpn1:amd64   1.2.2-0ubuntu2
  libnm-glib4:amd64       1.2.2-0ubuntu2
  libnm-util2:amd64       1.2.2-0ubuntu2
  libnm0:amd64    1.2.2-0ubuntu2
  network-manager 1.2.2-0ubuntu2

  Reproduce steps:
  1. Install fwts by `sudo apt-get install fwts`.
  2. Run the suspend & resume stress test.
  sudo fwts s3 --s3-multiple=30 --s3-min-delay=5 --s3-max-delay=5
--s3-delay-delta=5

  Expected result:
  The WiFi still functioned.

  Actual result:
  The WiFi can not connect to any access point and we have to execute `sudo
wpa_cli scan` manually to make it work again.

  P.S. Ubuntu 16.04 also has the same issue.